Join Shelby Forums Today

THE RED MULE Reborn!

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by BLU SHLB, Sep 6, 2005.

Would you buy an '07 GT 500RM Kit if it was made available?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2005.
  1. Yes, I would definitely buy an aftermarket Hood and Trunk Lid to ressemble the RED MULE!

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Maybe, it would really depend on the price.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No, I will be happy with keeping my GT 500 stock based on the most recent "YELLOW" design.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. R. La Barre

R. La Barre Well-Known Member

I totally agree that 60's lettering would be wierd. Someone made the lettering we saw on the NY car; only need to find out who to get more. :thumbup:

2. requis

requis Member

I agree and hope so as well, love the red mule. It needs to have Shelby across the back. I suspect it needs to look exactly like it did in New York. This is what I have in my head, including all the pictures. And this is the car I was willing to drop money down to get on a ridiciulous list...I almost feel twenty again :)

What I don't get is why show the car the way it was. And then change it now...pretty much the majority of posts seem to all agree the red mule was the best one. How does it help Ford to now muck around with the design, and why would you...they still keep showing the pics of the red mule on their web site. It seems somewhat contrived and reeks of bad business. If I show you something and you go into one of my stores. I better have what you saw
    otherwise why would you come back. As a predominant foreign car owner (Porsche's, Honda's, Acura's, Toyota's) this would be my first foray into the (and pardon the cliche) "american muscle" car phenominan. I suspect this whole experience could go either way come january if they deliver what I saw I'm in.

just an observation.

Cheers

Requis

3. atmorrisjr

atmorrisjr Member

I can live with the hood. I'm undecided if I will live with the rear of the car and the "stick-on" stripes - if this is the final design. I think those changes totally screw the outside look of the car. The interior is just OK to start with...not really all that special. There is no doubt that the performance numbers so far are impressive though. Problem is, I'm not really buying the car just for the horsepower. :unsure:

4. 67GT500#2100

67GT500#2100 Shelby Forums Pit Crew

Remember Ford did this with the new Mustang. I think most people thought the original prototype shown at the autoshows was much better looking than the production 2005 Mustang.

5. R. La Barre

R. La Barre Well-Known Member

The automotive creative process has not much changed. As I recall, the original Mustang prototype was a 2-seat mid or rear engine concept. And remember the Mach IV? Now, that was sweet!! Whenever a new idea comes along, a 'show' version is put out there for public feedback. If it is decided to go forward toward production, regulations, liability, & reliability issues rear their ugly heads. And then the bean counters usually get the final say on what will stay or disappear. What we want doesn't really play a large roll in the decision making process. I'm just trying to be patient in the wait & get a firm position at the front of a line. :whistle: