Join Shelby Forums Today

tire spin

Discussion in '2nd Generation Shelby Mustangs' started by schmudlk, Oct 27, 2008.

1. schmudlk

schmudlk Member

I have put all the bolt ons on my gt500 and put down 500 + hp to the wheels. Now at the strip I spun the tires down the track in second and third gear. This was with 275 mickey tompson et drag radials at 18psi. Has anyone had any good sixty foot times with their car and if so how did you launch it. I have been told no 15" full slick will clear the rear brakes. My best 60 foot was a 192 and I turned a 12.66 at 114.63mph. I have ajustable lower control arms and the car is lowered with frp springs. I think she will break into the 11s if I can get her hooked up and get a 180 60' or better. There was a 15-20 mph headwind that day but that shouldn't effect your launch times. I always read about alot of dyno power but I never see many 1/4 mile stories for the gt500. All the power is no good if you cannot get it to the ground!

2. robwidner

robwidner Well-Known Member

Have you looked into an aftermarket adj. upper control arm. That way you can dial in your pinion angle, which might help. Just a thought.