Join Shelby Forums Today

Vintage Racing

Discussion in 'Shelby Mustang List' started by jonlee@wt.net, Jul 20, 2005.

1. I don't know but the way some of you guys talk remind me of my parents and they were the ones who told me I was stupid for buying an old car. I originally bought a 67-500 to cruise and race once in a
    while on the streets or drag strip tracks but ever since the prices soared, they have tured into commodities which I care less for and is evident in our conversations about prices being mentioned
    numerous times.

I enjoy the Shelbys I have and drive them like they were an extension of my personality.

Let me give you an example. WHen I go cruising on Sat nights, guys always try to race me in their late model Camaros or Trans Ams. I might take on a couple if the driver wants to race and he looks
    mature enough to handle a loss - (ha ha) and the path looks clear. BUt besides that, I wont race an idiot. I will race when conditions are good to show them what 1967 Raw power is all about. Im sure
    that helps Muscle Car sales but then again, I do it because the car is me and represents who I am. Thats all. I think you can have raw power if you are mature/responsible enough to handle it. Besides
    that, if you aren't then you shouldn't as I would agree with most of you guys on that point.

What I will say is that having these SHelbys has been very theraputic for me. After a hard day at work or from weightlifting, I have to drive one of my Shelbys to relax and get the stress out. It
    feels good to break tire traction once in a while or hear the engine roar on the hwys past late model cars. I am very happy with what I have and Im not always looking for the biggest or baddest
    muscle car to calm my ego - just something to make me happy or keep my sanity intact. I may not have lived in the 60s but I will be dammed if I can't enjoy it through my cars.

jon